12.17.2002

There is a cedar tree in my living room
Susan and I decided not to spend the money on a conventional tree and instead she and her mom cut down what looked to be a small cedar tree from a plot of land we have in Cleveland, TN. The lights are hung now and the limbs are drooping from the weight of the little ornaments. once the season has passed I will de-limb it and we will burn it for that flavorfull arroma. I woke up last night wondering if there were little varments who had lodged themselves in all those branches, just waiting for to all be asleep so they could come down from hiding like those in the Trojan Horse. Tonight, if the wife and the boy are still alive, I think I will sit up with my shot gun and keep a bead on the base of the tree until the wee morning hours when I rouse the wife and tell her its her shift. Which should I use? Slug or bird shot?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home