12.03.2002

War on Varmints - update
# Five left last night to meet his maker alone, but full. The wife started yesterday a deep clean of the kitchen, removing every piece from the cabinets and soaking them in a bleach/water solution and then running them through the dishwasher. She also washed down each cabinet with a bleach/water solution. Because she is prego she left those areas that actually had evidence to me and I finished the job last night. I also used the Great Stuff to fill in any obvious and not so obvious openings that were conducive to mouse travel. Before bed I went to turn out all the lights, lock the doors and get a little snack of Sun Chips. As I walked into the kitchen I knew there would be death in this home that night. I heard # 5 in the washroom under the clothes washer chewing on what I assumed was a piece of dog food (I found several partially eaten pieces under there during the deep clean). I moved the trap to the corner of the machines and set a couple of fresh pieces just to the opposite side of the contraption. This morning, the food was gone, but in its place was a corpse.

I do not doubt there are more and this war will not end in a treaty, only annihilation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home