7.01.2003

She's gone
There wasn't much better than driving that man made machine blessed by the gods with the top off and shades on.
I signed the back of my title to my '77 Ford Bronco this morning in exchange for some scribble on a rectangle piece of paper. True that piece of paper will help to put a screened in porch on the back of my house or tile the bathroom upstairs, but it just doesn't seem right some how. I am often the victom of post purchase/sell depression simply because I don't want to depart with said item or said cash. Today is no exception.

When the Honda and the Caravan were left in other hands years ago I a sense of loss, but that was because I knew I had probably left something in the glove compartment or the back seat floorboard that I wanted. I spent more time working on, praying over and cussing at that Bronco that I have spent with people I would call my freinds.

I forgot to take pictures and forgot to bring the original seats when I took the title over to the man so I should have something to show later on after I remedy both mistakes.

I asked the guy to keep the license plate on the front that had been there since the original owner took it off his '73 Bronco upon trade in. It has served as a marker to all previous owners no matter what was done to the shell of the beast. He kind of laughed... I may never see her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home