5.28.2003

"well the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon"

What the heck does that mean. I get the rest of the song, but who cares about the freaking cat when the son turns into a jerk like his dad?

I've had the mentality that song is trying to communicate with my son. I was bound and determined to not be the "too busy dad". I realized last night that my sinfull heart was still screwing me. Over the last few weeks I have speant plenty of time with my son, but have lost the patience that truly shows love. We have still had a great time together, but I want to instruct with Bibilical sheparding instead of plain ole conditioning. It is difficult with a 2 year old (he'll be 2 mid-June), but I believe it can be done. Humilty and love does not need a full vocabulary to be communicated.

When I hear that song I used to think, "man, isn't that true". Now I'll think "man, how sad that they are so misdirected".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home