4.01.2003



I've got a buddy who is Marine. This guy and I grew up together. I couldn't even tell you when I met him for sure, but I think it was probably 3rd grade. His family moved here from Texas because of his dad's job. His dad did undercover stuff, so everyone thought he was actually an oil tycoon/drug dealer. John and I grew up in pretty much the same crowd, worked as DJ's together and lived together for a couple of years in college before I got married. He was, of course, in my wedding. He got married as well (I got to be in his wedding) and moved to California where he was posted by the Marines a year or so later where he worked in the Public Relations Department. He worked on screening information given to the press, giving tours to honchos/as. When the conflict started, DJ Nemo was moved overseas. We were all proud but concerned, our only comfort being that he was in PR and not behind a tank turret. I received some great news the other day here about 1st Lt. John Niemann (read the 11th paragraph). We are all praying for you John to return safely along with your fellow soldiers and for Pres Bush as he makes decisions that affect you and the world.

Another friend of ours with simlar origins (except Nathan and I go back to church nursery) had an intersting comment last year at our annual fishing trip, I believe. "The fact that we go for months without speaking, but sit down and after a 10 minutes it is like we were never apart says something about how great our freindship is and what crappy freinds we are."

Some other articles John was quoted in. These are pre-war.
Air Show
Helicopter Landing
Tight Security
Marine Gets Lasik Surgery
Annex to Marine Cemetary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home